Monday, August 26, 2013

Gaming with ADHD

I have decided to put up a few musings about my biggest hobby. Board games, role playing games and miniature games. Boy, that is a lot of games. I like most games and will play them with anyone, but not everyone understands why. And there is a reason. As I have stated previously, I have ADHD. This means that I focus on a great deal of little things easily, but I can have a difficult time focusing on one thing in particular. Most people would think that playing a game would cause me to become bored and lose focus, but in fact the exact opposite is true. In any of the games that I play, there is so much going on that I can focus everything and not be distracted. Plus, these games have people in the same room as me that I can interact with. If I am just having a conversation, I can get bored and lose interest. However, talking over a game of cards does not allow that to happen. It is a fascinating aspect to my otherwise frustrating condition.

Goonius Maximus

No comments: